Skip to main content

The Weeping Lecturer

In the morning, the heavens opened and it began to rain. Bella grabbed her umbrella to get to school, as she walked out of the hostel the first

What is relationship really about?

What is this world actually turning into? What is our youth doing?
What kind of jet age is that one?
If a youth is living a useless life he will call it modernization, huh?
It is the trend, who told you?
Our youth are actually going astray in the name of modernization, we are deviating in oblivion. God help us.

I could remember what my coursemate told me sometime ago when we were in school---
It was first semester in 300 level. I was
very busy trying to rebirth the youth program i was organizing
"Dear, this your program is motivating and inspiring, I like people with such sense of humane. I love humanitarian services, I will be a member,"Vincent said.
"that is so thoughtful of you. You are welcome, " I replied.

Few days later, Vincent started chatting me up on social media platforms.
" sweetheart, I would like us to be very good friend," he said.
"we are friends already," I replied whereas i know exactly where he was driving at.
Vincent was good looking with good body stature. He actually told me he wanted us to be in a relationship where I would be visiting him in their hostel, that we needed to be very close to each other and bla bla bla.
"what?" I lamented. "What sort of a joke is this?" I was so mad at his statement. Actually I said to myself, learning how to scare dubious guys away is the beginning of wisdom to every responsible girl.

"Vincent what if I got pregnant along the line, what will possibly happen to us," I asked.
"you will abort it of course," he foolishly said. I froze instantly. What a world! I didnt know what to do than to drop one word with him, "you are such a player but you just said you love me and now you talk about abortion? Is that the kind of future you wish for me of all people? Of what use is my program? What then will i preach to my fellow youths?" I scorned him politely and from that day on, he respects me the more.

What am I saying? You are a mirror to the world. We the youths misconcept relationship. Relationship is not all about satisfaction of eros! Come on be smart for once.
Never enter into erotic relationship because you want to belong, you want to be among what is happening or you want to please your friends so that they can call you a big girl or a big guy. Come on, where is platonic relationship? Don't you know about that anymore?
It is now crystal clear that out of 100% of girls today, it is only 1% that can be found virgins.

What is our world turning into, is there nothing like "pride of a woman" anymore? Hey, my fellow youths that we are in the computer age does not mean we are to live the life of the Soldom and Gomorah. It is time we stopped deceiving ourselves!


Your opinion on this please:
  • Is there any truth in what I just said?
  • Is there need for a change in our attitude and lifestyle?
  • Was that the right thing to do by scaring Vincent away. I need someone to talk to me, please...


Please drop your comment, advice and observation...









Popular posts from this blog

Things you should expect when you connect with your spot

Get out of the rat race. After all, if you win, you will simply be the big rat. Stop running in the competition. The only person you should compete with is yourself. "how well am I performing in my leadership spot," is what you should ask yourself. You have to know that the battery does not compete with a spark plug, because the battery knows the spark plug can never be a battery, and so on. They sit in the engine in their spots and serve the engine their gift without competing

Why does negative behaviour continue?

It works. There is some kind of payoff, some type of momentary satisfaction that is derived from not changing. The reward might be financial or psychological. Some people will continue unproductive behaviour to seek approval, acceptance, praise, or love. Others continue their unacceptable actions out of pride, greed or a sense of personal fulfilment. They may oppress others with their need to always be right because they treasure being right- even if it destroys a relationship.

Adding value to other people is the work of a positive influencer

As you move up to the higher levels of influence and become an active influencer, you can begin to have a positive influence on people and add value on their lives. That's true for any positive influencer. The baby-sitter who reads to the child encourages him to love books and helps him become a lifelong learner. The teacher who puts his faith, confidence, and love on a child helps the child to feel valued and good about herself. That boss who delegates to the employees and gives them authority as well as responsibility enlarges their horizons and empowers them to become better workers and people. Even the parents who know how to give their children grace and when to, also help them to stay open and communicative. All of these people add lasting value to the lives of other people. One thing is this, we don't know what kind of influence you have on others, today as you read this article. Your actions may touch the lives of thousands of people. Perhaps you use the opportunity