Skip to main content

The Weeping Lecturer

In the morning, the heavens opened and it began to rain. Bella grabbed her umbrella to get to school, as she walked out of the hostel the first

Nemesis

Uncle why did you deny the pregnancy? Dora said you are responsible. Are you?" i asked Uncle Dube. He told me that he was responsible but he wasn't going to marry the Kogi girl, Jane. I tried finding out his reasons but he didn't disclose it.

A year later, my grandma found a girl whom she recommended as a well behaved village girl.
"Dube, Oma has been helping me out with house chores, at times she
would go to my farm to help me weed or cultivate on it and during harvest she always helps me. I know she is going to be a good wife to you," said my grandma.

Few Months later, Uncle Dube married Oma and returned to the city with her. Not long, Oma gave birth to a baby girl Dube was excited. He was living happily with his new family and comfortable too as a banker.

Shortly, a lady appeared on the scene. "Aunty Jane welcome," i said when she visited. My uncle's wife didn't know her but that wasn't enough reason for her to have given aunty Jane such cold welcome. My uncle wasn't happy when he returned from work and saw aunty Jane waiting for him.

After my uncle finished having a brief conversation with her, i noticed something was wrong, just from the look on my uncle's face. I later find out that aunty Jane wasn't against his marriage with Oma instead she only demanded he take up his responsibility. "what does she mean by responsibility?" i asked myself. I later concluded it must be about the boy she had for my uncle.

" You will not bring in that boy in this house. Oh, you want him to come and start struggling position with my unborn son, right? That will never happen. He would want to inherit all your landed property as the first son. That won't happen," Oma agitated with her mother by her side, supporting her strongly. They kicked against my uncle bringing in his first blood. After this, uncle Dube danced to their tone despite the fact that my grandma was anxious to have her grandson. Though my grandpa didn't seem much interested.

The next time, aunty Jane came with the boy "i am not responsible and won't father that bastard son of yours," denied uncle Dube before Jane. I was very surprised and disappointed at my uncle.
" You did what? You denied your son why? Because you want to free yourself from the boy's responsibility. God is watching," one of his colleaques in the office who was also his friend said. He had seen Jane on the day Uncle Dube invited them for lunch in his house. Jane was actually the one who cooked and served the guess.

My uncle's wife never gave birth again. My uncle lost his job and things became difficult for him. Oma's womb closed for ten years. She went to several places for solution it seemed to no avail. Later God decided to give them two more. It was then two girls and a boy.

His first daughter, Nonye grew up and got admission into university. After completing her studies, she began to seek for job. During that period, one guy who lived in Calabar who was her friend went to where Nonye was staying at Delta State and they became cohabiting couple.

Jackson got her pregnant and ran away. My uncle sobbed continuously like a little tot because of the predicament. "Why would my uncle be so angry?" I said to myself. Was it not what he did to someone else. But his own seemed to hit him in a more painful way.


Advice: Do others what you would like others to do to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things you should expect when you connect with your spot

Get out of the rat race. After all, if you win, you will simply be the big rat. Stop running in the competition. The only person you should compete with is yourself. "how well am I performing in my leadership spot," is what you should ask yourself. You have to know that the battery does not compete with a spark plug, because the battery knows the spark plug can never be a battery, and so on. They sit in the engine in their spots and serve the engine their gift without competing

Why does negative behaviour continue?

It works. There is some kind of payoff, some type of momentary satisfaction that is derived from not changing. The reward might be financial or psychological. Some people will continue unproductive behaviour to seek approval, acceptance, praise, or love. Others continue their unacceptable actions out of pride, greed or a sense of personal fulfilment. They may oppress others with their need to always be right because they treasure being right- even if it destroys a relationship.

Adding value to other people is the work of a positive influencer

As you move up to the higher levels of influence and become an active influencer, you can begin to have a positive influence on people and add value on their lives. That's true for any positive influencer. The baby-sitter who reads to the child encourages him to love books and helps him become a lifelong learner. The teacher who puts his faith, confidence, and love on a child helps the child to feel valued and good about herself. That boss who delegates to the employees and gives them authority as well as responsibility enlarges their horizons and empowers them to become better workers and people. Even the parents who know how to give their children grace and when to, also help them to stay open and communicative. All of these people add lasting value to the lives of other people. One thing is this, we don't know what kind of influence you have on others, today as you read this article. Your actions may touch the lives of thousands of people. Perhaps you use the opportunity