Skip to main content

The Weeping Lecturer

In the morning, the heavens opened and it began to rain. Bella grabbed her umbrella to get to school, as she walked out of the hostel the first

If I had known

(Tears overflowing, panting heavily, mucus running down her nostrils, fast breathing,  chest heating, butterflies in her belly, overwhelming sadness, sorrow. Pain to release a loved baby. Pain to let go of someone she loved dearly. Pain to give up on her cherished baby. Pain to stay lonely without seeing the one she had sacrificed her happiness for) "The woman to adopt your baby is here, I have to leave you two alone now" the midwife left the room. 

Laying on bed, her baby she placed on her chest, quivering,  panting, hyperventilating,  fear cuddling her baby tight in her arm. Kissing her baby leaving tears dropping on her baby. "I can't afford to lose my baby. Baby I love you. I don't want you to suffer, " she spoke to the baby as she wrapped the baby well with napkin. "Madam you don't have to do this," said the baby adopter. She moved toward the baby mama. She stood and watched her crying her eyes out. Browing her eyes, sore red eyes and mourning on how to let go of her baby. Then she began her story. 

You don't understand what I have been through because of my baby.  For his sake I had to sacrifice husband,  he left me with nothing—I accepted to forfeit everything I held sacred just to have my baby. I never gave in to the idea of abortion.  My last resort was to suffer with my baby. If fate had it, die with my baby...

When my husband and I had nothing,  owing,  we became debtors to many.  We couldn't pay our house rent any more. We became incapable of footing our bills.  We became hopeless and hapless. The news of my pregnancy was unfortunate to my husband so he left with everything and left me with nothing.  I entered the street. The street and bridge became my home. I begged for aid to fare for I and my unborn.  Nobody gave us shelter. 

I never believed my baby could survive the situation. I was exposed to danger sand cold, yet my unborn overcame and survived the repugnant harsh condition," she said moaning and panting heavily.  "Five days ago I delivered son. My first and life. I live in him. Hiw do I give him out now?" She asked rhetorically. 

"I understand madam. If you change your mind.  If you can't do this anymore it's fine, " the adopter said with empathy. "No I have to do this. I can't afford to give him all he wants and needs in life," she said with tears dripping down her cheeks. "It is all right, I will let Valentine know about your sacrifice for him . He will know how you sacrificed your happiness and comfort zone just to see him breath," the adopter solemnly promised.  Her face lit-up hearing of the name the adopter had chosen to call her son. " I like the name," she confessed. The adopters assurance got her. 

She was seen in the street crying profusely,  complaining of her homelessness.  She was looking shabby.  It was two decades after she gave her son for adoption. She had been brutalized by life difficulties and challenges. See also, "life and it's  challenges" Her face was rough and wrinkled.  She was very fragile. Poverty had dealt with her. She was under life torture.  

"Ma'am what's the problem," a certain young tall man approached her.  She began to cry. Seeing discomfort written all over her the young man felt pity and compassion on her. He squatted down before her. The woman laying her problems and pouring her sorrow out to the young man, prompting the young man to help. Suddenly a half crystal object she was hold fell from her hand. The young man picked it. It was a resemblance of the one given to him by his adopter,  who told him about his real mother. He released a teardrop drop. 

"I have been searching morning and all nights to behold the woman who sacrificed everything just to have me. I am Valentine, " he said in excitement,  they tried to put the two metal objects together, it read, 'I am your half person' immediately Valentine opened his arms to embrace his mother. Oh my baby boy," she cuddled him so tight unwilling to let go of him.

She squizzed her face and forced unquenchable tears out, laying her head on his shoulder as he pushed his head to lap on her chest, "if I had known... 








I missed you once, I'm never going to miss you ever again."

See related posts

"You need discomfort to succeed"












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things you should expect when you connect with your spot

Get out of the rat race. After all, if you win, you will simply be the big rat. Stop running in the competition. The only person you should compete with is yourself. "how well am I performing in my leadership spot," is what you should ask yourself. You have to know that the battery does not compete with a spark plug, because the battery knows the spark plug can never be a battery, and so on. They sit in the engine in their spots and serve the engine their gift without competing

Why does negative behaviour continue?

It works. There is some kind of payoff, some type of momentary satisfaction that is derived from not changing. The reward might be financial or psychological. Some people will continue unproductive behaviour to seek approval, acceptance, praise, or love. Others continue their unacceptable actions out of pride, greed or a sense of personal fulfilment. They may oppress others with their need to always be right because they treasure being right- even if it destroys a relationship.

Adding value to other people is the work of a positive influencer

As you move up to the higher levels of influence and become an active influencer, you can begin to have a positive influence on people and add value on their lives. That's true for any positive influencer. The baby-sitter who reads to the child encourages him to love books and helps him become a lifelong learner. The teacher who puts his faith, confidence, and love on a child helps the child to feel valued and good about herself. That boss who delegates to the employees and gives them authority as well as responsibility enlarges their horizons and empowers them to become better workers and people. Even the parents who know how to give their children grace and when to, also help them to stay open and communicative. All of these people add lasting value to the lives of other people. One thing is this, we don't know what kind of influence you have on others, today as you read this article. Your actions may touch the lives of thousands of people. Perhaps you use the opportunity