Skip to main content

The Weeping Lecturer

In the morning, the heavens opened and it began to rain. Bella grabbed her umbrella to get to school, as she walked out of the hostel the first

Maggoty a short story

They are always on my nerves. Making passes at me. I can't resist them. They always tell me it doesn't hurt. They keep on exploiting me while I keep extorting money from them. I need the money to take care of myself. As  a young girl I need them in my life to foot my bills.
I am not naive that's why they praise me after enjoying me, they tell me that am smart.

My siblings and my parents even my friends said am ugly but these men have always praised me. Calling me gorgeous, pretty damsel; telling me how beautiful I am. They showered me with praise and lust in the guise of love which at times get to my head. I asked myself, what can I do for these men, my heart told me to reciprocate. I have to offer them kola each time we stay together. I share my body as a gift to propitiate them. I can't say I am a "debased young woman" but a cheerful giver.

I feel happy living my life the way I want. My parents named me KEZIAH but my friends call me KEZY. I'm proud of myself. Forget about preserving, pride of womanhood, that's story for the gods. Money is pride not life of sanctity.

My friend Lizzy is dead, she passed out this morning," Kezy screaming to their friends. They sobbed and sobered. I know what killed her. She informed me yesterday that she didn't find out on time about her pregnancy until four months. I warned her to keep the baby but she insisted on having abortion. She made it her option that she would abort the baby to secure her future. She had phobia for nurturing babies. She had done more than ten abortions on the time interval between two- three years of our friendship, taking pills every minute. She insisted but unlucky for her this time the baby is matured so abortion shouldn't be an option because it's life threatening at this stage- mortal. The doctor said she bleeded and lost much blood that she stayed in coma and died few hours later.

I am even planning on turning my womb perhaps when I get married ready to produce babies I will position it well again. I am tired of abortion. But my medical consultant, Dr. Jude said it has side effects but never mentioned them. My instinct tells me that it must be of detrimental effect.

The problem with most girls of nowadays is that they fail to learn their lessons from other people's predicament.
They forgot that change is constant; that if they decide to turn over a new leaf and tell themselves that they can survive without depending on men to give them bread but start living a life worth emulating, they can easily "connect with their spot and do exploit. Living a life of sanctity attracts success making you "a person of integrity and influence".

We are glad you enjoyed the story? 
For inspiration and change of lifestyle and attitude. Thanks!

First person narrative, the use of "I"

Click to see also short story collection...

Comments

  1. It's dіfficult to find well-informed people for this topic,
    hoᴡeѵer, you sound like you know what yߋu're talking about!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome dear. We are happy you read meaning in the story. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who
    had been doing a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me breakfast because I found it
    for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to
    talk about this topic here on your internet site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are Appreciated...

Popular posts from this blog

Things you should expect when you connect with your spot

Get out of the rat race. After all, if you win, you will simply be the big rat. Stop running in the competition. The only person you should compete with is yourself. "how well am I performing in my leadership spot," is what you should ask yourself. You have to know that the battery does not compete with a spark plug, because the battery knows the spark plug can never be a battery, and so on. They sit in the engine in their spots and serve the engine their gift without competing

Why does negative behaviour continue?

It works. There is some kind of payoff, some type of momentary satisfaction that is derived from not changing. The reward might be financial or psychological. Some people will continue unproductive behaviour to seek approval, acceptance, praise, or love. Others continue their unacceptable actions out of pride, greed or a sense of personal fulfilment. They may oppress others with their need to always be right because they treasure being right- even if it destroys a relationship.

Adding value to other people is the work of a positive influencer

As you move up to the higher levels of influence and become an active influencer, you can begin to have a positive influence on people and add value on their lives. That's true for any positive influencer. The baby-sitter who reads to the child encourages him to love books and helps him become a lifelong learner. The teacher who puts his faith, confidence, and love on a child helps the child to feel valued and good about herself. That boss who delegates to the employees and gives them authority as well as responsibility enlarges their horizons and empowers them to become better workers and people. Even the parents who know how to give their children grace and when to, also help them to stay open and communicative. All of these people add lasting value to the lives of other people. One thing is this, we don't know what kind of influence you have on others, today as you read this article. Your actions may touch the lives of thousands of people. Perhaps you use the opportunity