Skip to main content

The Weeping Lecturer

In the morning, the heavens opened and it began to rain. Bella grabbed her umbrella to get to school, as she walked out of the hostel the first

I Love You Grandma

I couldn't give you enough grandma,

I was filled with tears my heart skipped 

when I heard the news.

Your death, it was a heartbroken news.

You never told me you were going to 

Answer this call.

How am I supposed to know that I was procrastinating to take care of you? 

Grandma I'm sorry even when I promised 

Myself to take care of you once I get enough 

And home to call my own.


I couldn't do anything for my grandfather. 

I couldn't do anything for my other grandfather,

Because I was still a baby then.

My first grandmother slipped away from my hands when I was only a teen, I wept because she was fond of me.

Grandma you reassured me on mama Rosa's death and in you I found another grandmother. 

To show my love for my grandmother I become a writer, a blogger and a graduate 

to make you proud, I served. 

I couldn't give her enough. 


I was eagerly waiting to have a home to show you I love you .

I was procrastinating I will send you a 

Little from my service allowance,

but my career pursuit wouldn't let me.

I was waiting for the day to bring you to my 

Wedding and show you my husband,

To let you know how much my husband 

Would love to know you, to love you and to cherish you grandma.

I couldn't give you enough. 


Mama why did you have to leave now?

Truly you never had the opportunity 

To drink my wine and reap from my vine...

Mama hearing your death left me with shock,

Mama I shivered, overwhelming sadness,

goosebumps all over my body. I felt strange butterflies flying in my belly.

My heart churned to hear this,

It was ear bleeding news to me. My eyes opened 

I apportioned blame on myself.

My legs were too heavy to carry me at the news

Of your death, oh, death 

but why God knows best. 

I know I still made you proud grandma, 

mama, why it happened now, God knows best.

But I couldn't give you enough. 


Grandma so it's true you are dead,

Grandma so it's true you have gone and left us.

I never expected it to happen now.

I know it would happen later but not now.

I know we are debtors, and labourers,

And at the appointed time give account 

When death comes knocking on the door 

but not now.

Yes we are sojourners on this earth and 

One destination to arrive on its end,

Death but mama not now.

Yes, you were old and grey, not really feeble but sickness made you feeble.

Sickness made you look older than your age, mama.


Mama I remembered the last time I saw you,

Mama I fed you like a baby.

Because you deserved it and even,

You were a great and strong woman of your

Time (Nneora) but sickness stole your strength.

Mama I fed you with my hand, 

gave you cup of tea to sip.

Mama I patiently watched you,

Mama I patiently watched you and listened to you complaining of eye pain—

body weakness and I wished it never happened.

Mama did you remember 

you fondly called me Hope tons of time 

Complaining to me, 

all I could do was to reassure you.

Mama I was dumbfounded I couldn't say more,

Mama I repeatedly prayed you would be fine.


Mama you would have told me that 

you would be gone on that black day 

When I heard the news of your death.

I counted myself wicked not to have given you anything from my allowance. 

Mama I gave you nothing,

Mama I didn't give you enough.

Grandma death has taken away my grandparents.

Who do I call grandma again?

Who am I going to introduce to my husband 

As my grandmother?

Mama why did you leave us now?

Mama do you really have to leave us now?


Mama you know I still love you.

I loved you and I was willing to show you,

Before you were held back in the cold hands of death. Even though see wordlines for my love 

I couldn't give you enough. 


I was filled with tears!

I'm still filled with tears! 

Tears dripping down my cheek.

Overwhelming sadness envelopes me.

Death you have really dealt with me, 

see how you have stealthily taken my grandmother away.

Wait we all shall meet someday in our grey 

Hair and aging when we stay together forever and do no part, mama.

Tears streaming down my eyes,

You will keep living in my heart, mama.

You will keep living in our hearts mama.

Grandma until when I could give you enough. 

I missed you


A poem dedicated to my grandmother. Blessed memory of grandma.


See previous poems 

From my heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things you should expect when you connect with your spot

Get out of the rat race. After all, if you win, you will simply be the big rat. Stop running in the competition. The only person you should compete with is yourself. "how well am I performing in my leadership spot," is what you should ask yourself. You have to know that the battery does not compete with a spark plug, because the battery knows the spark plug can never be a battery, and so on. They sit in the engine in their spots and serve the engine their gift without competing

Why does negative behaviour continue?

It works. There is some kind of payoff, some type of momentary satisfaction that is derived from not changing. The reward might be financial or psychological. Some people will continue unproductive behaviour to seek approval, acceptance, praise, or love. Others continue their unacceptable actions out of pride, greed or a sense of personal fulfilment. They may oppress others with their need to always be right because they treasure being right- even if it destroys a relationship.

Adding value to other people is the work of a positive influencer

As you move up to the higher levels of influence and become an active influencer, you can begin to have a positive influence on people and add value on their lives. That's true for any positive influencer. The baby-sitter who reads to the child encourages him to love books and helps him become a lifelong learner. The teacher who puts his faith, confidence, and love on a child helps the child to feel valued and good about herself. That boss who delegates to the employees and gives them authority as well as responsibility enlarges their horizons and empowers them to become better workers and people. Even the parents who know how to give their children grace and when to, also help them to stay open and communicative. All of these people add lasting value to the lives of other people. One thing is this, we don't know what kind of influence you have on others, today as you read this article. Your actions may touch the lives of thousands of people. Perhaps you use the opportunity